Sometimes you're wrong. I remembered watching NCIS season 7 finale. In the episode, Gibbs write his own new personal rule which is rule#51. It says, " Sometimes you are wrong". You must understand that Gibbs isn't always one to admit his mistakes as he is somehow or rather correct for most of the time.
My point here is that I feel the need to make this rule my own personal rule as well. This is what hinders us to look at things from a different perspective as our pride takes priority over everything. For us human beings, we never like admitting we make a mistake. We like to think we are correct. Don't get me wrong. There is a difference between sticking to principles and being stubborn.
I myself am a stubborn character. Being stubborn is my greatest strength and yet my greatest weakness. I always know that and it's just something I live with. We all would like to be right and say that others wrong. Proving that someone else is wrong actually gives you some sort of satisfaction for some reason. Unfortunately, that can't happen for everyone, would it? If everyone is right, who has made mistakes then? Conspiracy theorists would be rich if they earn a nickel for every thing they say if that's that case.
In a nutshell, you and I just have to humble ourselves and be brave to admit that rule #1 applies to everyone of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment