Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chosen

I am sure everyone has watched plenty of movies before where some dude or dudette gets chosen by some group, God, people to be the Hero. Here is a list of some of them.

The Lord Of The Rings (frodo, aragorn)
Spiderman ( spiderman)
Green Lantern ( can't remember the name)
Harry Potter (harry potter)
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief ( i don't have to put the name here again do I ?)
Hercules
Lion King
Transformers (all 3 of them, Sam Witwicky)

AND MANY MORE. BASICALLY ALL MOVIES HAS THIS THEME. (well not all but most) where a man rises to the challenge and be the hero. If I am not mistaken, J.K. Rowling writes that Harry Potter is the Chosen One.

Today, I am going to write from a more Christian view if you do not mind. At church today, the altar server asked me to light the Advent candle. For those who do not know, Advent candles consist of four candles. Each week leading up to Christmas, one more candle will be lighted. The priest (father) not knowing that I had been called by the altar server to light it called me again to light the candle. Twice in a day is never a coincidence. Deep down in my heart, I know I have a calling to be involved in Christian work in the future. I just do not know when or how.

Meanwhile, all of us have been chosen somehow or rather to do something for someone or some group. In the eyes of many, to be the chosen one is always a privilege not knowing that it is a challenge itself to the person. There will be some that feels threatened by the person's sudden meteoric rise in popularity and there will also some that will be glad. More importantly, the person must regard criticism and compliment of them as important tools to guide him or her. Compliment must never be underestimated as it gives a sense of encouragement and optimism to the person. Constructive criticism on the other hand is important as well to help you improve.

Here's a food for thought. How many times have you been the chosen one?  And how many times have you rejected it?



No comments: